9-1 Final Project: Submit Change Plan submit your final project, a change plan for the Alaska Airlines case study. This project addresses the following course outcomes: Determine the root causes and
Do you require help with your paper? Use our custom writing service to achieve better grades and meet your deadlines. Trust our team of writing experts with your work today, and enjoy peace of mind.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
9-1 Final Project: Submit Change Plan
submit your final project, a change plan for the Alaska Airlines case study.
This project addresses the following course outcomes:
Determine the root causes and driving forces for effectively implementing an organizational change effort.
Diagnose gap differences between current situations and targeted goals of change efforts for determining the needs of a change effort.
Analyze the impact of a change effort for its implications on the roles of employees ..
Predict areas and causes of resistance within an organization to develop a well-informed, effective change plan.
Determine the communication needs in a change effort involving employees for successfully implementing a change effort .
Enhance the influence of organizational culture on organizational change efforts.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
I. Analysis and Diagnosis
A. What is the problem in need of addressing at this point in time.? Describe which forces are driving the change effort.
B. How did this problem arise? Determine how this problem is currently impacting the organization.
C. Identify the specific organizational needs driving the change. Explain each.
D. Identify specific variables, conditions, issues, individuals, and other factors that will impact the change effort negatively. Describe how these should be handled prior to planning the change effort.
E. What are the underlying causes of the problem? How should these be addressed?
F. Identify the gap between what the problem’s current situation is and what the hoped-for targeted outcome will be. Establish what needs to occur to build a process to bridge this gap.
II. Developing a Change Plan Using Kotter’s Model for Implementing Organizational Change
A. Create Urgency
1. Describe a plan to create urgency within the organization and convince stakeholders that this change needs to take place.
2. What processes currently exist for implementing change? How will these processes need to be updated for the proposed change?
3. Describe the strategy you will use to get support from your employees. How will this strategy be effective?
B. Build a Guiding Coalition
1. Identify who should be involved in this guiding coalition. Provide rationale for each choice. Kotter likes 50% leaders and 50% managers with experience, while others prefer the composition to be 33% leaders, 33% managers, and 33% informal leaders, but you can assemble the guiding coalition as you see fit.
2. Determine steps you can take to ensure commitment from those involved. Describe those steps.
C. Form a Strategic Vision
1. Determine the values that are essential to this change. Why are these values essential?
2. Establish the vision for this organizational change effort. How will this vision be effective in promoting your change effort?
3. Identify your intended targeted outcomes. Defend your choices.
4. What must occur for the organizational change effort to be considered a success? Defend your response.
D. Communicate the Change
1. What is required for the change to be communicated effectively within the organization? Why?
2. Determine actions you will take to encourage two-way communication for effective feedback loops during implementation of the change effort. Explain why these actions will be effective.
3. How will you support the direct supervisors in the organization in their efforts to communicate with employees about the change effort?
4. Describe how you will address any concerns or anxieties regarding this change.
5. Who needs to be involved and in what capacity for this change effort to be a success?
E. Enable Action by Removing Barriers
1. Identify the forces, barriers, and hindrances to the organizational change effort, and describe each.
2. How can resistance be recognized? How will you eliminate resistance or mitigate its impact on the implementation of the change plan?
3. Describe actions that will enable and empower employees to help drive the change effort.
F. Generate Short-Term Wins
1. Determine how you will generate short-term wins. How will you reward these wins?
2. What can be gained from short-term wins? Defend your response.
G. Sustain Acceleration
1. How will you ensure that the momentum driving the change effort continues?
H. Institute Change
1. What actions need to occur for this change to become part of the organizational culture? Defend each action.
2. What infrastructure mechanisms need to be in place to maintain and sustain the change into the future? Describe the importance of each.
Our writing experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essays, research papers, lab reports, and dissertations, to online classes, you can be sure we have a service that perfectly matches your needs.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper