In each Module, your SLP assignment will consist of filling out a report on your “adventures in software”, summarizing what you looked at and offering to the degree possible some critical evaluation o
In each Module, your SLP assignment will consist of filling out a report on your “adventures in software”, summarizing what you looked at and offering to the degree possible some critical evaluation of it; you’ll also be invited to reflect on your cumulative software experiences.
Option 1: Study the following tutorial:
Microsoft (2010), Choosing between Access and Excel, from https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-access-or-excel-to-manage-your-data-09576147-47d1-4c6f-9312-e825227fcaea
Since our course is about database, it is good to understand the differences between spreadsheet and the simple database that Microsoft offers.The tutorial is quite short, please finish the entire tutorial, then prepare a 3- to 4-page review of the tutorial, like the kind of review that you would find in a good computer/information systems journal or website, covering the following topics:
· a comprehensive review of what the tutorial teaches, choose at least two key concepts to discuss in technical detail
· a thorough report on what you learned specifically from the tutorial
· (optional, not graded but appreciated, and of benefit to you as well by studying from different sources) If you can find one or two other similar video tutorial(s) or reading material(s) on this topic, please study them and give a simple review (one or two paragraphs suffice). Please also refer them in your reference list.
Option 2: You are to discuss a database system used in a company or an organization (It could be your organization, or any other organization). Your paper should cover the following topics:
· Why it is necessary to use database system?
· What kinds of information this database system collect? and what information it provides?
· Which database management system is used? Access? Oracle? DB2 …? Why or why not it is a good choice?
· Any other topics you would like to discuss related to this database system?
Your paper should be three to four pages in length, and reflect your personal experiences with this issue. The important part of all these project assignments is to carefully assess your own experiences with the topic, and then reflect critically on what you might have learned about yourself and about situations through this assessment process.
The more that you can use the exercise to develop personal implications for your growth as a potential business person as well as a moral individual, the more value you’ll get out of the exercise.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: Follow the number of pages required in the assignment excluding cover page and references. Each page should have about 300 words.