For this assignment, you will be developing a family therapy plan for a family dealing with a substance use disorder.
Part 1 : Write a 300-700-word counseling scenario for a family dealing with a substance use disorder. Please note the scenario should be hypothetical and lend itself to one of the brief substance use disorder therapy models discussed in CSAT TIP #34. Include information about his/her life circumstances and add family members with descriptive information about each family member and about the family’s interactions to the scenario.
Part 2: Write a 750-1,250-word paper to provide brief therapy to the hypothetical client and his/her family using one of the brief therapy models described in CSAT TIP #34.
Your plan should include the following:
- The therapy model you will implement with the family and rationale for the selected model.
- Two to four initial counseling goals that you hope to achieve using this model.
- Planned frequency and duration of counseling.
- A description of three counseling activities, exercises, or homework assignments that you will use (one in the initial session, one in a subsequent session, and one at termination) that are consistent with the model you have selected.
Solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
1. SAMHSA/CSAT Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIP) #34
Read CSAT TIP #34: Executive Summary and Chapters 1, 3, 4, 5, and 8.