In many states, nurse practitioners are completely autonomous professionals. In other states, however, NPs have a wide range of “restrictive” practice ranging from requirements for a “supervising” physician to requirements for a “collaborative” agreement with a physician.
- Briefly describe the practice agreements for PMHNPs in your state.
- Explain the two physician collaboration issues that you identified.
- Explain what you think are the barriers to PMHNPs practicing independently in
- Outline a plan for how you might address PMHNP practice issues in your state.
(Include outside resources to address all bullet points)
Required Readings( Need 3 + references)
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
· Standard 15 “Resource Utilization” (pages 82-83)
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer