The instructions and samples are provided.
- Since Writing Assignments 3 and 4 are the research project when put together, their collective purpose is to give you additional practice in library research, source analysis, and literary analysis. By writing this essay, you will:
- become closely familiar with the compare/contrast rhetorical method of writing because you will take course in analyzing the similar and differing elements in literature as you determine the strength with which each element is used
- further develop your skills for writing a clear thesis statement with a plan of development
- organize your ideas either subject-by-subject or point-by-point
- support your claims with directly quoted, paraphrased, and/or summarized material from two primary sources (two short stories) and six secondary sources (literary criticisms, overviews, forewords, abstracts, dissertations, biographical sources)
- express yourself clearly and concisely
- continue to adopt the MLA style when formatting your document and when citing your sources, both parenthetically and on a Works Cited.
- revise then editing your draft carefully
Due date is May 20th