Explore state departments of education websites to investigate the laws of your state (Pennsylvania) and other states as well as their application to special education issues covered in this course.
Schedule an appointment with an attorney well-versed in school law or with a special education director to learn about the following issues:
- How has the legal system evolved, as it applies to special education
- over the past 20 years, and how has that affected the legal framework for
special education today?
- How does the legal framework differ for special needs students and
regular students in private and public schools?
- Who monitors the implementation and evaluation of IEPs in private
and public schools?
- In the legal expertâ€™s opinion, are there any elements of special
education law that need refinement? Explain.
Write an essay of 750-1,000 words in which you compare and contrast the findings of your research and the information obtained in the interview.
APA format. Abstract is required.
Please have the TurnItIn score under 20%. Why TII? It is the plagiarism check for my school. What would not show up on your own, including Studypool’s, MAY show up on theirs. Please keep this in mind.