Refer back to the case study you read. Consider the person from the case study and complete a biopsychosocial assessment about your selected person using the provided biopsychosocial template.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 2.F.5.g: Essential interviewing, counseling, and case conceptualization skills.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
25) Gather data systematically from the client and other available collateral sources, using screening instruments and other methods that are sensitive to age, culture and gender. At a minimum, data should include: current and historic substance use; health, mental health, and substance-related treatment history; mental status; and current social, environmental, and/or economic constraints on the client’s ability to follow-through successfully with an action plan.
32) Based on an initial action plan, take specific steps to initiate an admission or referral, and ensure follow-through.
33) Select and use comprehensive assessment instruments that are sensitive to age, gender and culture, and which address: (a) History of alcohol and other drug use (b) Health, mental health, and substance-related treatment history (c) History of sexual abuse or other physical, emotional, and verbal abuse, and/or other significant trauma (d) Family issues (e) Work history and career issues (f) Psychological, emotional, and world-view concerns (g) Physical and mental health status (h) Acculturation, assimilation, and cultural identification(s) (i) Education and basic life skills (j) Socio-economic characteristics, lifestyle, and current legal status (k) Use of community resources (l) Behavioral indicators of problems in the domains listed above.
58) Confirm the client’s eligibility for admission and continued readiness for treatment/change.
59) Complete necessary administrative procedures for admission to treatment.
Read the attached case study. Take notes over relevant patterns and significant moments/details within the persons’ journey. Information gathered in this introductory assignment