Select three audiences from the list provided. Then explain how you would convey the message â€œDonâ€™t do drugsâ€ to each of the audiences. Be specific and provide examples. Finally, explain how your delivery of the message would vary between and among the audiences to be most effective. Provide a rationale for your different approaches.
- Juveniles (under the age of 18)
- People with Mental Illness
- Ethnic/Racial minorities
- Persons living in poverty
- Non-English-speaking citizens
- People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Deaf Community
- Pregnant Women
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
- Johnson, W. A., Rettig, R. P., Scott, G. M., & Garrison, S. M. (2015). The criminal justice student writerâ€™s manual (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- pp. 29â€“30
- Lamb, H. R., Weinberger, L. E., & Gross, B. H. (2004). Mentally ill persons in the criminal justice system: Some perspectives. Psychiatric Quarterly, 75(2), 107â€“126.
- Identify and write for your audience. Federal Plain Language Guidelines. Retrieved from http://www.plainlanguage.gov/howto/guidelines/bigdoc/audId.cfm
- Anonymous (2004). Nothing lost in the translation: Overcoming barriers to communications due to language limitations. Corrections Forum, 13(2), 96.