In a 3-5 page paper
You are a member of the training division for a major metropolitan police department. The chief of police and her staff have developed an undercover program in which they wish to use new cadets right out of the police academy graduating class as undercover officers in the narcotics unit. You and your training staff have each been requested to select a type of drug of abuse.
Research and present the following issues pertaining to the drug that you selected:
- Describe the medical, clinical, or scientific name for the drug that you selected and identify the drug enforcement administration (DEA) schedule that it falls into and why.
- Explain what the legal classification of this drug is, and what physical forms it is likely to have on the street (powder, liquid, plant material, etc.)
- Articulate the origin of this drug in terms of coming from a botanical or a synthetic.
- Identify how this drug is ingested when it is used illicitly, and the street names that the drug is known by.
- Detail the physical impact that the drug has on the user, both immediate and long-term, in terms of drug reaction and health.
It is critical that, when you make a statement of fact in your presentation, you cite the reference that you used to obtain the information from. Do this in the text of the paper, and then include the reference in your References page. As always, your paper will be submitted in the current edition of APA format. No abstract is required because this is a short position paper, but a title page, reference page, and appropriate running header with page numbers are necessary.
In 4-6 paragraphs
You are working with several offenders at your facility with an addiction to methamphetamines. Your supervisor wants you to explain the inherent dangers of methamphetamine drugs.
Please include answers in your main posting for the following questions:
- What is the drug enforcement administration (DEA) schedule for methamphetamine, and what category drug is it, legally?
- When taking a person into custody, what would make methamphetamine users different from users of other controlled substances? Why?
- Would you be more concerned about executing a warrant in a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory or an industrial chemical laboratory? Why?