Resources: Review Ch. 3 and 4 of Oxford History of Art: Twentieth-Century American Art, the Week Two Electronic Reserve Readings, your Video Reflections, and at least one additional scholarly online or library resource
Prepare a 5- to 10-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation which describes at least three different paintings of American buildings or an industrial process from artists discussed in Ch. 3 and 4 of your text.
Include responses and descriptions to the following in your slide presentation:
- Why did the artists choose these subjects? What was their appeal?
- Were the artists’ subjects characteristic of American national identity for that era?
- How does each painting reflect the artists’ feelings or beliefs about what they were depicting?
- A description of the innovation which is being depicted; in other words was the type of building or industrial process a significant break from the past? How? Research the type of building or industrial process from at least one additional scholarly online or library resource.
Submit your Visions of America: Industry Presentation.
- For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentations with speaker’s notes which support and expand upon your bulleted text.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines and include a slide with all references.