July Stines2020-09-07 10:53:012020-09-07 10:53:01Colorado Technical University Change Drivers in an Organization
Assignment OverviewUnit 2 – Individual Project
Library Research Assignment
You now have change programs in various stages of implementation at a large number of the 60 companies in your portfolio. Some of the companies are doing quite well, and others are stalling or are nonresponsive to the change initiatives being implemented. You have a feeling that there is resistance that is taking place, and you want to roll out some new concepts and ideas to help the leaders of these companies handle this resistance. A number of these leaders have asked you for ideas that would help them understand the resistance and to perhaps create action plans to address the issues involved. You presented a set of possible issues, which has prompted the line managers to ask for more specifics to increase the success of all the change initiatives.
Complete the following:
- What is the relationship between change drivers and impediments to change in an organization?
- Explain different external and internal change drivers, and describe their impact on people in an organization.
- What are the applicable models and strategies to overcome resistance to change?
- How does your current set of recommendations demonstrate either a reduction in the resistance to change or the need to adjust some of the change drivers?
- What are at least 5 specific recommended steps that can be taken in the present situation described?
Note: You have the choice of the following delivery options for this assignment:
- A paper of 1,800–2,200 words
- A PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes totaling 2,000 words (plus or minus 10%)
- Visio flow charts with an accompanying script of 2,000 words
- Viseo with accompanying script with 2,000 words (plus or minus 10%)
- Smart charts
Note: Use a minimum of 1 chart in your analysis or description of a model or strategy being recommended, and use 1 flow chart to visually show the stages in your recommendation.
Be sure to use APA formatting and valid graduate-level references.
- Describe and explain models, strategies, and specific steps involved to effectively manage organizational change in a variety of contexts and settings.
- Distinguish between different types and terminologies of organizational change.
- Explain the nature of the relationship between organizational change drivers and impediments.
- Identify the nature and significance of various impediments to organizational change (e.g. resistance to change).
- Identify the type and significance of various drivers of organizational change and the impact of internal and external factors that impact change to an organization.