Compose a 250 words assignment on 367. Needs to be plagiarism free! Article of Play The Australian Construction Industry in 2008 s ___________________________ ___________________________
1. The main purpose of this material (chapter, article, book, video, etc.) is… State as accurately as possible the author’s purpose for this material. What was the author trying to accomplish?
The main purpose of the article is to paint a picture regarding the ergonomics of Australia’s construction industry and how it relates to the performance of workforce as well as the overall reputation of the company. While economic factors are baseline variables of testing the success of a company, ergonomics of the construction industry increase the employee turnover rate from the company’s existing in the construction industry (Australian Industry Group, 23).
2. The key question addressed in this material is… what key question or problem is addressed?
The key question addressed in this article is “How in terms of governing policies has increased chances of injury and death in the Australian context continued to demotivate employees in working in the construction industry.
3. The context of this material is… Identify the political, economic, social, historical, etc., background surrounding this material. This may include information on the existing knowledge on the subject and gaps in our existing knowledge.
The context of this material is urban Australian real estate industry. While major industries would require programs that can recruit the right employees, in urban Australia, getting the individual to work is an issue.
4. The main point(s) of view presented in this material is/are… Identify the author’s view of the topic? Points of view can be theoretical, ideological, religious, methodological, etc.
The main points in this material are that Australia shows that the safety of employees within the industry is based on the use of technology to provide details regarding construction measurements and planning. Mismatch between program-based decisions and human-based manual work is reported to result in higher number of injuries and deaths within the industry. Focus on the incidences in Makkah City’s construction industry shows that the national’s policy and preparedness for disasters does not support the companies involved with construction (Australian Industry Group, 34).
5. The key concept(s) in this material is/are…. Identify the most important ideas, theories, definitions, etc., used to support the author’s reasoning.
The key concepts in this material are construction workers’ health and safety at their places of work and are grounded on the Herzberg’s two-factor theory on motivation and hygiene. Based on the information regarding other nations’ safety standards and the stabilities of various industries, Australia builds on policies that aim at reducing the worker fatalities by at least 20 percent and the rate of claims made within a week or several weeks by 30 percent (Australian Industry Group, 33).
6. The most important information in this material is… Identify the key information the author used to support his arguments/analysis. Identify the facts, data, evidence, experiences, etc., the author uses to reach their findings.
The most important information in this material is that the Australian ergonomic landscape indicates that the government puts efforts to launch policy developments to control the construction industry. Due to increased construction workers’ deaths, the Australian government adapted the National OHS Strategy to cover from 2002 through 2012.