– Subject: Operations Management – Recommended textbook for the subject (it is attached): Heizer, J., Render, B., & Munson, C. (2017). Operations Management, (12th Ed.), Boston, MA: Prentice Hall,
– Subject: Operations Management
– Recommended textbook for the subject (it is attached): Heizer, J., Render, B., & Munson, C. (2017). Operations Management, (12th Ed.), Boston, MA: Prentice Hall, ISBN: 978-0-13-413042-2. Chapters 11 & 12.
– Use of APA style required in all the assignment.
– Answer the following essay questions:
1. Go online to an online auction site. What is the value of online auctions in e-commerce? Give the Internet address to the site you used and provide a graphic of some type for this question.
2. Explain “safety” stock. What does safety stock provide safety against?
3. Inventory turnover = _____________? Select the correct answer:
a) Cost of goods sold divided by Inventory investment
b) Inventory investment divided by Cost of goods sold
c) Weeks of supply divided by annual cost of goods sold
d) Cost of goods sold divided by weeks of supply
4. The Bullwhip effect can be aggravated by all BUT which of the following?
b) Quality discounts
c) Local optimization
d) Sales incentives
e) None of the above
5. What is the (a) purpose of the ABC classification system and (b) do you see alternatives to the popular ABC classifications? What are they?
6. CASE STUDY – Ethical Dilemma:
Go to the Ethical Dilemma on page 466 and review the problems you face as the owner of a retail chain. Read the case study carefully and then answer the questions listed. Submit at least 300 words in this essay. Include concepts from the module into your discussion on the problems you face and how you will resolve them.