Unit 3 Assignment 2 Use Case Key Assessment CLO# Instructions: Think about the admission process of a same-day surgical patient from start (scheduling the appointment) to the end (paying the final bil
Unit 3 Assignment 2 Use Case Key Assessment CLO#
- Think about the admission process of a same-day surgical patient from start (scheduling the appointment) to the end (paying the final bill). You can use Figure 5.7: Example high-level use case for clinic visit in your textbook Electronic Health Records: A Practice Guide for Professionals and Organizations as an example.
- Create a use case for a same-day surgical patient. You may either create a high-level use case such as figure 5.7 or a narrative use case such as figure 7-7 in Electronic Health Records: A Practice Guide for Professionals and Organizations.
- Within the use case identify the EHR processes that occur at each step (if any) and the HIM professional’s role at each step (if any).
- Meet CAHIIM Curriculum requirement for Bachelor Degree
- Domain VI. Leadership
- Subdomain VI.C. Work Design and Process Improvement
- Section 3. Demonstrate workflow concepts
- Competencies: Use cases
To create a high-level use case.
Use cases are another tool for describing workflows and processes. A use case is a description of the steps between a user and computer software to accomplish a process. Where a systems flowchart illustrates workflow (or thoughtflow) throughout a current or revised process, a use case specifically focuses on the interactions between the user and an information system. Use case methodology was originally developed as a software modeling technique that would help developers understand their customers’ needs (Wiegers 1997). It is currently in use in several forms. One form uses the standard Unified Modeling Language (UML) graphic notations, as illustrated in figure 5.7. Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 supports drawing of such use case diagrams. Because many end users
Figure 5.7.Example high-level use case for clinic visit