Evaluating Gender-stereotyping: Watch a children’s cartoon or obtain a children’s storybook.
Describe the cartoon or storybook you have selected.
In one paragraph, provide examples from the cartoon or storybook and describe how males and females are represented:
- Are characters portrayed in gender-stereotyped roles?
- Are males and females equally represented in exciting plot activities?
- Are behaviors, attitudes, and characteristics of males and females characters strongly gender stereotyped?
- Overall, how would you evaluate the cartoon or storybook in terms of gender typing?
- What recommendations would you make to counter any influences observed?