Essay – Developing a Democracy Instructions Many countries have gone through various ways of governing-by one, by a group, or by the people. Pick one developing country. Examine this country’s polit
Essay – Developing a Democracy
InstructionsMany countries have gone through various ways of governing-by one, by a group, or by the people. Pick one developing country. Examine this country’s political history and current barriers in developing their democracy. Create a concise argument on the type of democracy they should institute and why.
Use the following list to select your developing country:
Minimum of 2 scholarly sources. Examples of scholarly sources include but are not limited to the following:
- Google Scholar
- American Journal of Political Science on JSTOR
- Acta Politica
- African Affairs
- American Journal of Political Science
- American Political Science Review
- American Politics Research
- The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science
- Annual Review of Political Science
- Armed Forces & Society
- Australian Journal of Political Science
- Australian Journal of Politics and History
- Australian Quarterly
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources)
The allotted time to complete this question will need to be in the Eastern Time Zone. Therefore, question completion deadline is Sunday, 9/22/2019 at 5:00 PM EDT.
Country and history examined – In-depth analysis of the country and the country’s political history. 20pts
Barriers: nation-building, state building, participation, and distribution – Addresses each concept related to barriers. Examples are from the country chosen for examination. 20pts.
Analysis – Constructed a concise argument using a key democratic ideology for their country. 20pts.
Scholarly resources – Uses two scholarly sources.10pts.
APA – All sources are properly cited and referenced according to APA standards. 5pts.
Writing – Presents information using clear and concise language in an organized manner (minimal errors in English grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation). 5 pts.