July Stines2020-08-20 09:35:032020-08-20 09:38:33Discuss asexual and sexual reproduction in terms of genetic diversity
- Review information on genetic disorders on the National Human Genome Research Institute Site: http://www.genome.gov/.
- Create at least a 350-word blog post in Microsoft® Word in response to the following question:
Choose ONE genetic disorder that can be inherited from a parent. Write a 525- to 700-word paper on the genetic disorder. Include the following in your paper:
Summarize the Chromosomal Theory of Inheritance and how chromosomal abnormalities can lead to genetic disorders.
- Describe the relationship between chromosomes and DNA.
- Identify an example of a genetic disorder and describe the genetic disorder including symptoms, impact on quality of life, and life expectancy. How common is this disorder? Does it run in specific ethnic bloodlines?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Review the Academic Writing Guidelines video and the Center for Writing Excellence for additional guidance on academic writing and APA style.
Create at least a 350-word blog post in Microsoft® Word in response to the following question:
Female copperhead snakes have the ability to reproduce both sexually and asexually. In your opinion, which method is best for the species in general and why?
Develop your opinion and include the following in your post:
- Discuss asexual and sexual reproduction in terms of genetic diversity. How is meiosis related to genetic diversity?
- Use one of Gregor Mendel’s ideas to support your opinion.