After completing the reading this week, we reflect on a few key concepts this week:
- Discuss what ethical leadership is and how it impacts the organizational culture.
- What are the various dimensions of ethical leadership?
- Note some failures in ethical leadership, please find an example, explain the failure and note possible solutions to fix the issue with leadership.
Please be sure to answer all the questions above in the initial post.
Please ensure the initial post and two response posts are substantive. Substantive posts will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Expand on the topic, by adding additional thoughtful information
- Answer a question posted by another student in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source
- Make an argument
- Chapter 5 in the text
- LE BA PHONG, LEI HUI, & THAN THANH SON. (2018). How Leadership and Trust in Leaders Foster Employees’ Behavior toward Knowledge Sharing. Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal, 46(5), 705–720. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.6711http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=shib&db=pbh&AN=129468910&site=eds-live&custid=s8501869&groupid=main&profile=eds_new
- CHANHOO SONG, KWANGSEO RYAN PARK, & SEUNG-WAN KANG. (2015). Servant Leadership and Team Performance: The Mediating Role of Knowledge-Sharing Climate. Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal, 43(10), 1749–1760. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.2015.43.10.1749http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=shib&db=pbh&AN=111059573&site=eds-live&custid=s8501869&groupid=main&profile=eds_new
Chapter 5 Journal articles
- Journal Article 5.1:Bormann, K.C. and Rowold, J. (2016) ‘Ethical leadership’s potential and boundaries in organizational change: a moderated mediation model of employee silence,’ German Journal of Human Resource Management, 30(3–4): 225–245.
- Journal Article 5.2:Haney, A.B., Pope, J. and Arden, Z. (2018) ‘Making it personal: developing sustainability leaders in business,’ Organization & Environment. DOI: 10.1177/1086026618806201