Refer the following lecture:
- Ethics and Health Promotion
Socioeconomic Status and Race
Using South University Online Library, read the following article and answer the questions below:
- Stepanikova, I., & Oates, G. R. (2017). Research article: Perceived discrimination and privilege in health care: The role of socioeconomic status and race. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 52 (Supplement 1), pp. S86–S94. doi:10.1016/j.amepre.2016.09.024
In a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document, provide your answers for the questions given below:
- Provide a brief summary of the article.
- Explain how this article has contributed to your understanding of the role of socioeconomic status and race.
- Discuss why it is important to identify disparities between and within different racial and ethnic groups.
- Explain why those who are disadvantaged correlate with the perceptions of racial privilege. Cite at least two additional articles to support your explanation.
- Submit your response in a 4 to 5 page Microsoft Word document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Name your document SU_PHE4120_W1_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- Support your responses with examples.