Describe how project management concepts may be implemented in health care facility design.
Research one practice management software tool and describe how it might be implemented
Facility Planning—Legal Requirements
This week you will continue to plan your facility. The legal team has asked you to provide them with considerations regarding legal and regulatory requirements that may affect the facility design planning process. Note that the emphasis is on facility design. The legal team already knows about personnel, HIPAA,
Consider legal and regulatory requirements such as:
• Local zoning codes for your chosen location (Detroit, MI)
• State zoning codes for your chosen location (Michigan, USA)
• Federal requirements, such as CMS
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• Credentialing requirements, such as the Joint Commission
o and so forth
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper. Your paper should:
• Reiterate your chosen facility type and location – Mental Health Facility in the Urban community
• Explain the impact of legal and regulatory requirements on your facility
• Provide a brief overview of a wide range of types of requirements
• Analyze the one requirement that you find will most affect facility design planning
• Analyze accountability and liability requirements for staff and other stakeholders
• Analyze the relationship between legal and ethical considerations of the requirements.
• Properly use, cite, and reference the Hayward textbook and at least 3 other scholarly resources.
• Submit your APA paper
o Cite in text and append a reference list
o Use APA-compliant headings