Final Applied Research Project
Focus of the Final Paper
In your organization, interview or discuss with a team leader some of the variables that have been discussed in this course. If you do not have access to a team leader in an organization, please research an example in the Ashford Library. Use the following questions as a guide to form your paper in narrative form.
- How do you determine the size of the team?
- What types of team conflict occur? How do you resolve conflict?
- Does it take longer to complete tasks in a team environment?
- Do you have â€œresistorsâ€ to teamwork? If so, how do you manage that?
- Do you look at teams as a more efficient way of doing work?
Identify a challenge facing organizational leadership at your place of work and suggest group behavior that could aid in meeting that challenge. Integrate concepts from the text. Also, address a change occurring in your organization and apply concepts from chapter 16 in Essentials of Organizational Behavior. Putting yourself in the role of the leader, how would you manage the change process? Determine which tasks should be handled by groups and which should be handled by individuals. Provide supporting rationale.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be at least seven double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.