Your response should be at least 200 words in length. must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
1. What are the details of each of the Trilogy cases of the 1960s? Why have federal courts ruled that it is up to the private arbitrator (not the courts) to make the decision on the merits of the case?
2. What are the various facets of the job of an arbitrator? Cite examples of ethical considerations, past practice, fairness, and other traits and responsibilities.
3. What are three reasons an arbitratorâ€™s decision may not be the final and binding decision? Provide court examples defending your reasons.
4. What are the traditional issues that arbitrators deal with? What are the new emerging issues they must now face in their caseloads and the problems these challenges present? Discuss.
5. What are three cost-containment measures that were implemented through the collective bargaining process in 1985? Why were these considered milestones in curtailing health benefit costs to employees?
6. What are four safeguards that the ERISA legislation specified to address the many obstacles employees faced with pension plan funding? How did the Pension Protection Act add additional requirements to the protection of these plans?
7. What are three considerations in the wage determination criterion â€œability to payâ€? Why, by itself, canâ€™t the ratio of labor cost to total cost always be the formula of a companyâ€™s wage-paying ability?
8. What is the concept of comparative norm in determining the basic wage rate? Why there are limitations to this approach? What has led companies to grant various forms of individual treatment to companies?