Use background info provided in word document and create a 2-3 page response to the questions provided in the document. Please follow APA format guidelines as well as any other format notes listed in the doc attached. There are two references listed in that doc that must be used, but others can be used in addition if necessary. Question is:
Mr. Wilko is a 40-year-old salesperson with a wife and three teenage
children. He has recently begun to have a beer at lunch and a few drinks
after work to reduce his work-related stress. An economic downturn in
the housing industry has reduced the need for new home appliances and
his income and sales record has been affected. Several other salespeople
have been laid off at his firm. He has been told that if his sales and
attendance records do not improve he will be fired. He and his wife are
constantly arguing about finances and the children’s increasing demands
for money. His drinking has increased to several beers at lunch and
continued drinking after dinner. When he returns to work with alcohol on
his breath, he is dismissed from his job. He continues to consume
alcohol during the day as he attempts a job search. His wife is very
concerned, as are his teenage children.
- Mr. Wilko states he is a social drinker and “can stop at any time.” How accurate is his self-assessment?
- What stressors are present in Mr. Wilko’s case?
- Why does Mr. Wilko continue to increase his alcohol intake?
- What changes in liver function can Mr. Wilko expect if he continues to drink large amounts of alcohol?
- Mr. Wilko complains to his wife that all the stress is causing
“indigestion.” How do stress and alcohol consumption affect GI function?
- Why is Mr. Wilko at greater risk of trauma?