Option #1: Using Problem Solving to Address Challenges Leaders of organizations are charged with solving problems every day. Think back to an organizational challenge or decision in your company (or i
Option #1: Using Problem Solving to Address Challenges
Leaders of organizations are charged with solving problems every day. Think back to an organizational challenge or decision in your company (or in one that you wish to research). This should be a decision that the organization’s leaders made. Address the following in a paper:
- Provide a brief history/background of the organizational challenge.
- Explain how the problem was resolved, using the steps from the problem-solving process presented in this module. If certain steps were skipped, name them and explain why.
- Consider how you/the organization might have approached the problem differently. Again, use the steps from the problem-solving process.
- Hypothesize whether the approach might have had a different outcome.
- Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length, not counting the required title and references pages.
- Format your paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Cite a minimum of six scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to the textbook, four of which should be academic, peer-reviewed sources. (You may not use the required and recommended readings for this course.)
Be sure to review the Critical Thinking Assignment rubric for details regarding grading standards.