- GENERAL RULES for Response Assignment (RA):
- Your RA must be substantive. Students should use proper sentence structure, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- The length of the RA must be between 500-600 words.
- All sources must be referenced. DO NOT FORGET to provide bibliography, or web addresses for your sources.
- In case of a direct citation use quotation marks and reference the author, year, and the exact page (e.g., Diestler 2012, 93).
- Paraphrase a paragraph without quotation marks and reference the author and year (e.g., Diestler, 2012) in case of an indirect references.
- Remember, deadlines will be strictly enforced.
FORMAT ASSESSMENT NOTE: 4 (FOUR) points will be deducted automatically if RA do not adhere to correct grammatical and format requirements outlined above.GRADING RUBRIC: Each RA has been assigned a maximum of 20 points, (total 300 points for 15 RAs). The Grading Rubric below will be used to assess your work:
Evaluations Criteria Outstanding Better than Average Average Below Average Not at all 1. CONTENT ASSESSMENT 20 15-19 10-14 5-9 0-4 1.1 Explain the role and purpose of a constitution and the difference between written and unwritten constitutions. Provide country examples. 6.6 5 – 6.3 3.3- 4.6 1-3 0 1.2 Explain the ways constitutions specify individual rights and freedoms, specify limits of government, balance minority and majority interests and allow nations and citizens to function. 6.6 5-6.3 3.3- 4.6 1-3 0 1.3 Using actual examples, consider such issues as the length, flexibility or the lack of it, and the longevity of constitutions. 6.6 5-6.3 3.3- 4.6 1-3 0 TOTAL 20 15-19 10-14 1-9 0