- Identify disorders of the eye and ear
- Describe the drugs used to treat eye and ear disorders
- Describe various types of ear and eye disorders across the lifespan
In this assignment, you will develop a community presentation regarding vision care.
An 8- to 11-slide presentation
Step 1 Review vision care.
Refer to textbook readings and additional healthcare resources regarding the prevention and treatment of the visual disorders.
Consider the pathophysiology of the disorder, including the medications often indicated. Give the community an idea about the resources needed to care for the individual with a visual disorders and what disorders can be prevented.
Step 2 Develop a presentation.
Create an 8- to 11-slide presentation with the following format:
- A title slide
- A minimum of five slides describing the pathophysiology of the visual disorder, include etiology, incidence, precipitating factors, complications, prognosis, and common treatments, including medications.
- A minimum of one slide explaining how the presence of this visual disorder impacts the community. Include resources present in your community.
- A reference slide listing any resources used to prepare your presentation
Step 3 Add presenter’s notes.
Include talking points and details in the notes area for each slide. These notes should document what you would say to an audience about each slide if you were to present in person.