- (3 points) The following items may be reflected in a company’s statement of cash flows. For each item, indicate which, if any, of the 3 sections of the statement of cash flows the item would be reflected in. Assume the statement is prepared using the indirect method.
- (4 points) Windsor Manufacturing Company engaged in the following cash transactions during 2016:
- (3 points) For the year ended 12-31-15, Sather reported net income of $750,000. During 2015, Sather sold a fixed asset for $60,000. The book value of this asset at the time of sale was $25,000. Other information about Sather for 2015 follows:
- (6 points) Diane’s balance sheets as of December 31, 2014 and 2013 are presented below:
- Issuing stock in exchange for $500,000.
- Using cash to purchase a fixed asset.
- Using cash to buy back our own company stock.
- Selling a fixed asset for more than book value.
- Borrowing money.
- Purchase of treasury stock $400,000
- Purchase of machinery and equipment (PP&E) $250,000
- Sale of land (PP&E) $800,000
- Payment of cash dividend $625,000
- Retirement of bonds $100,000
- Issuance of common stock $500,000
Compute the net cash provided by (used in) financing activities.
- Increase in accounts receivable $18,000
- Increase in prepaid expenses $14,000
- Decrease in accrued wages payable $22,000
- Decrease in unearned revenues $11,000
- Depreciation expense $45,000
What was Sather’s net cash provided by (used in) operating activities for 2015? Be sure to label your answer as “cash provided by operating activities” OR “cash used in operating activities.”
Cash $55,000 $40,000
Accounts receivable 20,000 35,000
Prepaid expenses 45,000 20,000
Property, plant, and equipment – at cost 100,000 60,000
Accumulated depreciation (35,000) (25,000)
TOTAL ASSETS $185,000 $130,000
Accrued wages payable $10,000 $15,000
Unearned revenues 25,000 15,000
Dividends payable 5,000 0
Long-term debt 15,000 25,000
Common stock 25,000 20,000
Additional paid-in-capital 30,000 20,000
Retained earnings 75,000 35,000
TOTAL LIABILITIES & SE $185,000 $130,000
SELECTED OTHER INFORMATION:
- During 2014, Diane reported net income of $60,000.
- During 2014, Diane both borrowed on a long-term basis and paid back some long-term debt. During 2014, Diane paid back $12,500 of principal.
- During 2014, Diane both bought and sold some property, plant, and equipment (PP&E). A machine Diane sold during 2014 originally cost her $10,000. Diane sold the PP&E for $5,000. At the time of the sale, the PP&E had accumulated depreciation of $4,000.
- During 2014, Diane issued additional common stock.
- During 2014, Diane did NOT enter into any non-cash investing or financing activities.
Prepare Diane’s Statement of Cash Flows (in good form) for the year ended December 31, 2014. Diane uses the indirect method.