The World Health Organization’s “Statistical Information System” is an interactive database that allows you to compare health indicators for multiple countries. For this Assignment, you will compare the country you selected for the Discussion with the United States in terms of healthcare. (Switzerland).
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Consider the value of using standardized quantitative health measures or indicators to compare information internationally.
- Use the WHO website to examine country statistics and profiles.
- Create a table to record data related to three health indicators for the two countries you are comparing, as illustrated in the example Indicators Chart on this page.
- Once your table is complete, compare the data and analyze it in light of the information presented in this week’s Resources and the research you conducted for the Discussion. What insights does this comparison give you about health and disease within the U.S. healthcare delivery system and the system of the other country you selected?
Write a 1- to 2-page paper in which you:
- Identify the country that you are comparing with the United States.
- Define the three health indicators you have selected for your analysis and explain why you chose them.
- Include the table you created to record and compare your data.
- Summarize the results of your comparison, sharing at least two insights that you gained through this analysis of health and disease in the United States and your selected country.
Please use in-text citations, quotes, and references in standard APA format.
|Indicators (2012)||United States||Somalia|
|Life expectancy at birth m/f (years)||76/81||51/55|
|Total expenditure on health per capita (Intl $)||8,895||17|
|Under-5 mortality rate (per 1,000 live births) (both sexes)||7||147|