“Merchandising for Omni Retailing”
Assignment 1:Visual Depiction and Explanation of Store of the future
What would you like the store of the future to look like?What store that exists now somewhere in the world has elements that you would like to see incorporated into the store of the future? What research can you find to substantiate your point of view?
- Using visuals and the written word clearly articulate your view of the future store.
- You are to identify at 5 retailers throughout the world that inspired you to imagine the store of the future.The store of the future should incorporate the best of online and technology as well as customer service into the brick and mortar environment. Incorporate the best of the ecommerce site of the store into the online experience. State where the retailer you used for inspiration is located by indicating the city, state or province and country where headquarters of the retailer is located.
- Provide visuals of the retailer you are identifying either in a video, or in a Power Point slide show. Use text to clearly and briefly describe the technology or outcome the picture presents.
- Consider the effectiveness of the digital presence of the retailer. State why it is effective; substantiate your viewpoint with specific statements that are supported by visual examples.
- Describe and show in picture form if possible how you envision the store of the future. (You can use Photoshop to enhance and express your vision).
- Cite the sources you used on a separate Works Cited Page to learn about the retailers you studied. Use proper APA format to document your sources.(Refer to How to do citations in the Course Information section of this course).
- Unit2 in the course deals with the blending of online and brick and mortar retailing. You can get some ideas for this assignment in Unit 2.Be sure to watch 3 videos provided by Microsoft that demonstrate various technologies that are being deployed in various industries that can be incorporated into the store environment.