July Stines2020-09-07 10:39:022020-09-07 10:39:02Miami University Professional Strategic Color Consultant
Guest Speaker- Jack Bredenfoerder
Assignment: Guest Speaker Prep
- To investigate background of our guest speakers.
- To practice developing and asking thoughtful, insightful questions of retail industry practitioners, questions that will enhance your knowledge of the field.
- Search for information about the guest speaker’s former companies.
- Search for information about the guest speaker. Pay attention to experiences in the speaker’s background that relate to the fashion/retail industry and to color forecasting.
- Develop a list of questions relating to career matters and general color knowledge (relevant to course content). Questions should ask about information that is not obvious from publicly available information.
- Compose a document (one-page maximum (not including reference list), single-spaced):
- Summarizing information about the speaker’s former companies using terminology from the course.
- Summarizing information about the speaker’s background using terminology from the course.
- Listing your questions.
Grading: Each Guest Speaker Prep is worth 10 points.
|Company & speaker background
||Summary of speaker’s & company’s background informative and includes recent news
||Summary of speaker’s & company’s background adequate
||Summary of speaker’s & company’s background uninformative
||Questions highly relevant to course
||Questions fairly relevant to course
||Questions not very relevant to course
||Document is concise and professional and does not exceed one page.
||Document is somewhat concise and professional and does not exceed one page.
||Document is not concise/professional and/or exceeds one page.