Please note: Some assignment components could potentially trigger emotions or trauma. Please contact your instructor if you have concerns.
For this assignment, you are continuing in your role as a human services provider for your local community. Your manager has tasked you with presenting criminology concepts related to school shootings in the United States to a group of school resource officers, school administrators, and local law enforcement officials.
From the following list of school shootings in the United States, select 1 school shooting incident. Then choose a criminological theory or theories you think provides the best explanation for your selected school shootings.
- Virginia Tech Shooting (April 16, 2007)
- Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (December 14, 2012)
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting (February 14, 2018)
- Columbine High School Massacre (April 20, 1999)
- University of Texas tower shooting (August 1, 1966)
Create an 11- to 19-slide PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes.
Cite at least 2 resources and include the following:
- Introduction slide (1–2 slides)
- Description of school shootings in the United States and detailed description of your selected school shooting incident (2–4 slides)
- Application of chosen theory or theories to selected school shooting to interpret the behavior of school shooter
- Justification of theory or theories selection (3–5 slides)
- Recommendations that are relevant to school resource officers, school administrators, and local law enforcement officials (3–5 slides)
- Conclusion or summary slide (1–2 slides)
- Reference slide (1 slide)
Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar Assitance