Prior to attending Residency, you submitted documentation outlining your topic, problem space, background to the study, and problem statement. Those components have likely undergone some degree of revision. In this assignment, you will defend your choices of topic, problem space, background to the study, and problem statement as revised during Residency.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate the appropriate Defense Template on the DC Network: https://dc.gcu.edu/dissertation/dissertation-templates/5_defense_template
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Using the appropriate Defense Template found in the DC Network, prepare a presentation to defend your choices of research topic, gap, foundational theory, problem, and methodology. Your choices must be defended with relevant current research.
Deliver the presentation to your class as directed by your instructor.