You may need to utilize the Internet and/or other resources to find enough information to answer these questions thoroughly. Remember these are discussion questions not short answer.
Early 20th Century
1. Compare the architecture designed by Antoni Gaudi with the architectural design of Frank Gehry. how are their designs similar, how are they different? How are Gaudy and Gehry similar and different personally?
2. Examine the designs for furniture coming out of the Bauhaus.. Where do you see the influence in designs with which you are familiar in today’s world? Please provide verbal or image references.
3. What impact do you see on the word of art by the development of Cubism? Where do you see it reflected in other movements prior to World War II and after? I expect this to be tough on you. Your efforts will be rewarded.
4. Explain Futurism. Outline the design characteristics and explain how that lines up with the philosophy.
Late 20th Century
1. How does Art following World War II compare without Art prior to World War I.?
2. Explain the sculptural form referred to as Installations.
3. How does the sculpture of George Segal compare with the sculpture of Michelangelo? How are they alike, how are they different?
4. Compare the sculpture of conceptual artist Claes Oldenburg with the sculpture of Louise Nevelson. How are they the same, how are they different.