- Lynch, G. E. (2005). Sentencing: Learning from, and worrying about, the states. Columbia Law Review, 105(4), 933-942.
- Bowman, F. O. (2005). The failure of the federal sentencing guidelines: A structural analysis. Columbia Law Review, 105(4), 1315-1350.
- Robinson, P. H., & Spellman, B. A. (2005). Sentencing decisions: Matching the decisionmaker to the decision nature. Columbia Law Review, 105(4), 1124-1161.
Study the case studies above listed and discuss the following:
- Which of the cases illustrate determinate and indeterminate sentencing structures? Explain your rationale.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the sentencing models as well as the practical implications of the public policies behind each. Deliverable Length: 2–3 pages