Reflective Journal: Who Am I?—The Journey Continues
This week you examined forms and effects of microaggressions, read about four specific “isms,” and wrote about issues related to prejudice and discrimination. Now think again of ways in which any of these topics may have influenced the way you perceive yourself. Reflect on what you learned about any of the “isms” and determine in what ways any or all of them (i.e., racism, classism, ableism, and religion-ism) have influenced your professional and personal life. Then analyze in what ways these experiences are reflected in whom you are today.
Title this assignment: Diversity Profile—Week 4 and complete the following:
- In response to the question “Who Am I,” add three new insights about:
- Your personal experience with microaggressions or with having witnessed microaggressions
- Your attitudes towards racism, classism, ableism, and/or religion-ism
- Your personal experiences with any of these “-isms”
- Review the list you created for your “Diversity Profile” last week with this week’s insights in mind. Then decide if the words and phrases you used to describe your social identities are still adequate. Change, delete, add to, or keep the list as is.
Submit your Diversity Profile—Week 4
Submit this assignment by Wednesday of this week.