For the research paper, you may select a topic from our weekly modules (e.g. selection measures, testing, job analysis, etc). You will then complete the paper as outlined in the assignment.
Your paper should be based on one of the topics listed below. You will be reporting your findings and recommendations to management. Summarize the responses for each weekly homework assignment, rather than copy the weekly assignments to the research paper.
The topic needs to be selected from the following list:
- Man power planning
- Structured interviewing
- Personality tests
- Aptitude tests
- Cognitive tests
- Integrity tests
- Realistic Job Previews
- Pre-employment drug testing
- Affirmative Action Plans
- Establishing Cutoff Scores
- Reasonable Accommodations in Selection
The research paper should
- include a thorough literature review and a discussion of the practical implications of the information.
- be structured so that at least one third of the paper is focused on your interpretation of the information, practical implications, recommendations, and conclusion.
- include at least three sources from academic journals, which includes:
- Personnel Psychology
- Journal of Management
- Academy of Management Review
- Journal of Applied Psychology etc
- be written, using APA style
- be at least 8 pages long. (Double spaced, 1” margins, Times New Roman 12 pt font), excluding the title page, abstract, and bibliography.
- Submit SUNDAY, 15 July 18
Research Paper Rubric
Does Not Meet Expectations
– Includes thorough discussion of approved selection topic from list.
– Displays an exceptional familiarity with content evidenced by at least 3 scholarly journals, abstract, intro, body, recommendations, and conclusion.
Length and Format
– Includes all 8 pages, abstract, body, recommendation and conclusion section, and reference list.
– Properly cites reference materials used.
Grammar and Spelling
– Exceptional use of proper English and free of all typographical errors and grammatical mistakes.