Risk management practices within the financial sector are of particular interest to regulators. This is because failures within this sector disrupt the functionality of the financial system that derails economic growth and efficiency. We have referenced the subprime meltdown of 2007 several times within this course because it is the most prominent example of a massive risk management failure. In this assignment, you will evaluate the consequences of this failure.
For this assignment, you will write a minimum three-page paper (not including APA title or references pages). In this paper, please address the following:
- Discuss why credit risk management within the financial sector is so significant.
- Why do you think so many banks failed to properly manage risk prior to the financial collapse?
- What are the consequences of failures of credit risk management and who do they affect?
- What measures can banks employ to mitigate credit risks?
- Be sure to include an introductory paragraph at the beginning and a concluding paragraph at the end of your paper.
- Because your paper is required to be at least three pages in length, you should use subject headings to label your paper as appropriate.
- Be sure to include APA citations to support your assertions and to inform your paper.
- You will need to include an APA formatted reference page with this paper (separate from the body of your paper).
- Be sure to proofread your paper to ensure that is free from all grammar and spelling errors.