Submit a two-page sociological summary of the book, play,movie, film or CD which addresses the following:
1. Why did you make this selection for the assignment?
2. How does your selection relate to a specific area of social inequality?
3. Who are the central characters in your selection? How do these characters experience a form of social inequality? What is their reaction and do they overcome the oppression? What events occur to lead the characters to fight for equality? What are the outcomes in your selection? Do they win… lose…. or live to fight another day? If this is a CD discuss these questions in terms of the song lyrics or position taken by the artist. You should analyze at least five songs on the CD.
3. Incorporate three sociological concepts (terms such as minority group, status, or social class are concepts) in your analysis of your selection. In other words, how can you make the connection between your selection and the sociological perspective of a specific form of social inequality by using actual terms from the chapters?
4. Use one sociological theory (structural functionalism, conflict and symbolic interaction) to analyze your selection.
1. This assignment must be typed double-spaced in a standard 10-12 size font.
2. The assignment should be 2-3 pages.
3. Grammar is important and will be evaluated in this assignment.
4. Use 2-3 scholarly sources, in addition to providing a citation for the movie. Your textbook can be one of your sources.
5. Cite sources in the APA format.