After reading one of the provided articles, discuss the topic of stress from a Biblical perspective. What insights about stress can be gleaned from the article? What insights about stress can be gained from the Bible? Provide at least one specific example from the Bible of a traumatic event or stressful situation and how the stress was handled.
- Religion, Spirituality, and Mental Health of U.S. Military Veterans: Results from the National Health and Resilience in Veterans Study
- Child Sexual Trauma, Dissociation, and the Soul: A Christian Psychology Conceptualization
- “The Joseph Story: a Trauma-Informed Biblical Hermeneutic for Pastoral Care Providers”
- Religion and Spirituality: Benefits for Latino Adolescents Exposed to Community Violence
- Religious Development in African American Adolescents: Growth Patterns That Offer Protection
- Humility, Stressful Life Events, and Psychological Well-Being: Findings from the Landmark Spirituality and Health Survey
- The Relationship Between Religious and Psychospiritual Measures and an Inflammation Marker (CRP) in Older Adults Experiencing Life Event Stress
Discussion Assignment Instructions
The student will complete 4 Discussions in this course. The student will post one thread of at least 200 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned Module: Week. The student must then post 2 replies of at least 100 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of the assigned Module: Week. For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least 1 scholarly journal citation in current APA format and include a Bible verse and application to the topic cited in current APA format. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years (with the exception of the Bible). Acceptable sources include the textbook, the Bible, and scholarly journal sources. Websites are not permitted as sources. All citations should be in current APA format.
1. It is best to avoid using direct quotations from the textbook or any other source (except possibly a short Scripture verse) in any of your threads or replies. These submissions must be in your own words (paraphrased) so that you clearly demonstrate your mastery of the material.
2. Do not attach a Microsoft Word document; rather, type directly into the textbox or copy and paste from a Microsoft Word document directly into the textbox.
3. Be conversational but stay on topic. Do not simply repeat information you find in our textbook, but incorporate your ideas and unique perspectives. After you write your post, compare what you have written to the assignment instructions (for the initial thread and for the reply posts) to ensure that you have addressed each discussion point.
4. Include citations and references in current APA format.
5. Finally, proofread your work carefully to catch spelling, capitalization, grammar, and sentence structure errors. Refer to the Discussion Grading Rubric to ensure an outstanding grade.
This course utilizes the Post-First feature in all Discussions. This means you will only be able to read and interact with your classmates’ threads after you have submitted your thread in response to the provided prompt.