no plagiarize, spell check, and check your grammar. Please only use the references below.
Final paper should identify and analyze a specific need identified by a community. This includes:
- Writing a mission statement for the agency you would create to respond to this need. Constructing an effective community organization model to address the identified need utilizing all the information you have researched in this course.
- Conducting an external search using at least three to five journal articles, in addition to the textbook material, to create an adjunct referral sources list outside the agency for added support. View the â€œConducting an Organizational Needs Assessmentâ€ YouTube video located in the Week 6 Overview (in the â€œRequired Referenceâ€ section) to gain a clear understanding of the key components to needs assessment within an organization.
By utilizing the videos, the text, and a minimum of 3-5 peer-reviewed, scholarly journal articles, write a 4200 words paper. Develop a model of an effective agency. Be sure to include these points:
- Develop your mission statement by reviewing mission statements of similar agencies.
- Develop a description of the typical skills, interventions, functions, and duties of the professionals involved in addressing the need.
- Identify an established needs assessment tool to be used as enrollment criteria for potential service users.
- Construct a flow chart, which indicates organizational structure, specific roles, duties, and functions of the various professionals in the model.
- Provide a list of referral agencies. Include what need each referral agency will be able to address that your agency cannot.
- Discuss what ethical guidelines are appropriate for the agency.
- Recommend a needs assessment survey instrument and state your rationale for the choice.
- Project 5-10 years in the future; envision and explain how the needs of your agency might have changed based on trends and issues we are beginning to see now.
- Include a brief summary of your self-care plan to help avoid burnout as a human services professional.
- Must be double-spaced, meet specified page length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include an APA style cover page.
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include a reference page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
ABC Life Literacy Canada. (2010, July 20). Workplace education podcast part 2 â€“ Conducting an organizational needs assessment [Video file]. Retrieved from (Links to an external site.)
GÃ¼l, S. O., & Vuran, S. (2015). Children with special needs’ opinions and problems about inclusive practices. Egitim Ve Bilim, 40(180) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.proxy-library.ashford….
Martin, M.E. (2014). Introduction to human services: Through the eyes of practice settings (3rd. ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education. ISBN: 9780205848058
Molina, L., & Demchak, M.A. (2016). The right to a better life: Using a work camp to create customized employment opportunities for rural high school students with severe disabilities. Rural Special Education Quarterly, 35(2), 24-32.
National Organization of Human Services: http://www.nationalhumanservices.org (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. This site is the primary site for human services ethics, careers, conferences, publications, etc.
Singh, A. A., Urbano, A., Haston, M., & McMahon, E. (2010). School counselors’ strategies for social justice change: A grounded theory of what works in the real world. Professional School Counseling, 13(3), 135-145.
Robson, M., Cook, P., Hunt, K., Alred, G., & Robson, D. (2000). Towards ethical decision-making in counselling research. British Journal of Guidance & Counselling, 28(4), 533â€“547. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1080/713652317
Urofsky, R. I., Engels, D. W., & Engebretson, K. (2008). Kitchenerâ€™s Principle Ethics: Implications for Counseling Practice and Research. Counseling & Values, 53(1), 67â€“78. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com.proxy-library.ashford….
(Pick 5 services)