600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
There is a certain amount of risk involved in doing business anywhere, internationally. Chose a country, and discuss the following:
- What are the political, cultural, environmental, economic, and trade risks present when doing business in the country as an outsider?
- What type of business would you do there in light of the risks?
- For example, would it be labor or capital intensive?
- Would it be a manufacturing or distribution center, etc.?
- Would it be a representative office or a full-fledged operation?
- Why should you as a manager be concerned with all this?