Paul2021-03-30 07:31:142021-03-30 07:31:14wk 5 individual apply drafting employee handbook policies
- Resource: Developing Effective Social Media PoliciesSolar Co. Inc., a solar panel manufacturing and installation company, has recently encountered several legal issues related to harassment allegations by employees, mistakenly classifying workers as independent contractors rather than employees, and internal disputes related to employees posting sensitive company information on their personal social media accounts outside of work.To prevent these issues from happening in the future, Solar Co. is in the process of updating its employee handbook, and the CEO has asked you to draft several pieces of material for inclusion in the handbook with each piece containing at least 175 words. The information needed in the request is identified below:
- A policy related to the prevention of sexual harassment and discrimination including specific action items that will be required of employees and management.
- A section explaining the difference between an employee and an independent contractor.
- A policy that helps ensure workers are properly classified by including specific action items that will be required of employees and management.
- A policy related to employee use of social media such as guidelines related to appropriate content and identification of Solar Co. in any posts including specific action items that will be required of employees and management.
- Be sure to include explanations and justifications for each of your policies to help the CEO understand why each one is necessary.