Begin to develop a plan to pass the Certification Exam. Compare your home state’s laws in regards to Advanced Practice Nursing Practice to an alternate state with a less or more restrictive practice environment.
- Consider the differences in certification exams options for your specialty
- Reflect on how to approach relocating licensure from one state to another
Write a 3-4 page paper which summarizes the following:
- Identify the certification exam you selected and explain why (I have selected AANP certification exam)
- Outline your plan for passing the appropriate National Certification Exam
- Describe the NP Practice environment for TEXAS highlighting restrictions or limitations for practice
- Describe 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses you think are significant to your preparation to pass your certification exam and develop a study plan for addressing the areas of weakness
Buppert, C. (2015). Appendix 1-A, state by state definitions of the nurse practitioner.
In Nurse Practitioner’s Business Practice and Legal Guide (5th ed.) (16-32). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
O’Connell, J., Gardner, G., & Coyer, F. (2014). Beyond competencies: Using a capability framework in developing practice standards for advanced practice nursing.
Journal of Advanced Nursing, 70(12), 2728-2735.
Note: Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Wood, D. (2015). Everyday Ethics for Nurses: Addressing Ethical Challenges – Turning the Nurses Week theme into Year-Round Ethical Practice. Retrieved from