- Choose two of the following aspects of social and emotional development:
- Relationship with and interactions between mother, father, siblings
- Quality of peer relationships
- Expression of emotion
- Emotion regulation (e.g., impulse control)
- Romantic relationship formation/success
- Choose a developmental stage to focus on in this Discussion (e.g., preschool years, middle childhood, adolescence, emerging adulthood). (Note: If you choose emerging adulthood, please make sure you focus on the development of individuals 18–25 whose parents are divorcing.)
- Consider how divorce has been shown to impact that aspect of development in the short and long term.
By Day 4
Post an analysis of how divorce has been shown to impact the aspect of social and emotional development that you selected, both within the first 2 years after the divorce as well as long term (e.g., into adulthood). Reference at least two peer-reviewed articles beyond this week’s Learning Resources to support the arguments you present in your post.