***This is number two of three of my final assignments. Each of the three build on themselves. I will post all three now, so that it will be easier for you to make them flow together. Please use original references, as this has gotten me busted before. Please use “Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases” ch. 4, 11, 7, or 5 as a reference for this weeks assignment. And the company I want to use is Harley Davidson. It seems like a big enough company to gather info on.***
Refer to the Week 2 – Required Learning Activities:
- Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases, Ch. 4: Cost Advantage
- Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases, Ch. 11: Competitive Strategy
Refer to the Week 3 – Required Learning Activity: Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases, Ch. 7: Vertical Integration and Outsourcing
Refer to the Week 5- Required Learning Activity: Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases, Ch. 5: Differentiation Advantage
Purpose of Assignment
The Week 4 individual assignment is the second part of a three part strategic management plan for the company selected by the student in Week 3. The purpose of the assignment is for students to establish long-term goals and objectives; indicate, specify and discuss strategies; and investigate, consider and describe specific business strategies including vertical integration and strategic alliances, to achieve competitive advantage in the industry. The student also generates an appropriate organizational chart in alignment with the stated strategies.
Weeks 3, 4, and 5 Individual Assignments are integrated to generate a Strategic Management Plan. This is Part 2 of the three part Strategic Management Plan.
Write a 1,050-word report on the company you selected in Week 3, following up on the Individual Assignment of Week 3 (Environmental Scanning), and address the following:
- Establish Long-term Goals and Objectives
- Strategy Formulation.
- Indicate the markets that the company will pursue.
- Specify the unique value the company will offer in the selected markets.
- Discuss the resources and capabilities that are required.
- Analyze how the company will capture value and sustain competitive advantage over time.
- Business Management Strategy
- Consider Cost and Differentiation Advantages.
- Describe the Corporate Strategy.
- Investigate Vertical Integration.
- Describe Strategic Alliances.
- Detail the Company Competitive Advantage.
- Generate an Organizational Chart of the company you selected.
Cite at least 3 scholarly references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.