Kavanagh, M. J., Thite, M., & Johnson, R. D. (2018). Human resource information systems: Basics, applications, and future directions (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Watch the video â€œMassive cyberattack strikes Anthemâ€ (1 min 43 s).
- Review the Case Study: Practical Applications of an Information Privacy Plan on page 443 of the textbook. Based on the video, your readings this week, and the case study, please respond to the following questions:
- What information privacy principals have been breached?
- How were the information privacy principals breached?
- What would you do to address the situation?
Part A (Chapter 16)
1. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using social medial tools in the recruitment process? What type of policies should organizations implement when using social media tools for recruitment? What are some legal ramifications of using social media during the recruitment process?
Part B (Chapter 17)
- What do you predict will be some HRIS trends in the future? Explain. Do you think security and privacy will improve or decline in regard to future HRIS trends?