helping me on the research topic and essay
research topic are due next Monday, so you have to give me research topic early.
Your research paper topic, a 100-word research paper abstract, and list of scholarly references
As a reminder, research paper must analyze current international trade and finance activity; background information should be minimal; definitions are not to be included. Paper should explain, in dollars or a countryâ€™s currency, changes to GDP, employment, what profits/losses occurred related to your topic, what happened economically because of your topic, what your topic contributed to or detracted from the U.S. and/or other affected countriesâ€™ economies, etc. Focus is on economics, not socio-economic factors or a political/social problem.
At least two refereed journal articles are required and submitted paper must be properly cited with no more than 12% of the paperâ€™s content being cited material. Submitted paper will be spellchecked, proofread, and economically accurate.
Assistance with Research Paper
Here are some suggestions that may be of assistance with the research paper.
- Start with the premise of your paper, e.g., the value of the US dollar helped US exports because it experienced less fluctuation from 2004 through 2014 than the Euro.
- Reword your premise to formulate an introduction.
- Identify 3 or 4 supporting points that will prove your premise. These supporting points become paragraphs and are incorporated in the introduction.
- Do Not provide definitions, background, or superfluous information
- Focus of your paper must be the economic premise (title) of your paper.
- Develop the supporting points into supporting paragraphs.
- Write your conclusion stating how you proved the premise of your paper
- Provide bibliography; ensure paper is spell checked, proofread, properly formatted, and original work.
- Submit per the syllabus
- For guidance, instructions, rubric, and sample formatting go to Modules > Research Paper
- Research topic, a 100-word (approximately) abstract, and list of scholarly references
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your research topic meets the criteria for analysis of international trade and finance.
- A submitted research paper that does not analyze an international trade and finance topic will receive a grade of zero. E.G., research papers dealing with a custody situation, women in the local workforce, current trends in local taxation, hiring bias at the neighborhood gas-and-go.
RESEARCH PAPER INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Research paper must provide economic analysis of your research (research paperâ€™s title).
- Research paper to be an economic analysis of a current (2013-2019) International Trade and Finance activity.
- Focus on economic analysis of activity occurring 2013 or later.
- Economic analysis to address the economic activity and financial implications of your research topic expressed in the affected countryâ€™s currency or US dollars.
- Economic analysis must address relevant economic factors expressed monetarily. Relevant economic factors could include but are not limited to: labor, material, manufacturing, shipping costs, savings, expenses, taxes, return on investment (ROI), profitability, monetary benefits, monetary detriments, etc.
- Disparity in socioeconomic factors, political considerations, environmental impact, etc. must be addressed as an economic variable, not a political/social problem.
- Background information and definitions should be minimal
- Do not provide political analysis
- An example, if you wish to write about locating foreign automobile manufacturers to right-to-work states and then only tell me about local unionization problems, your grade will be minimal since you did not address the economic impact of the location selection.
- Use either MLA or APA format for Research Paper.
- Bibliography is required
- Research paper, excluding abstract and bibliography, to be approximately 1,500 words â€“ no less than 1,400 words, no more than 1,700 words.
- Paper must contain your name; however, no title page or table of contents
- Abstract to be included but it does not count as part of the paperâ€™s required word count. Abstract should be approximately 100 words
- At least two refereed journal articles are required and must be included within your citations.
- (Google Scholar is a good place to search for articles in refereed journals.)
- Cited material cannot exceed 12% of the total word count.
- Proper titles to be used, no last names, e.g. Secretary of State Clinton, President Obama, not Clinton or Obama.
- Content to be spellchecked and proofread before submission, no Instant Message text.
- Use of third-person (he, she, it, and they) format is required. (No â€œIâ€ “we”, “us”, or â€œyouâ€)
- Use of Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) is required.
- Times New Roman recommended, size 12 font (title may be larger)
- Standard margins â€“ APA or MLA
- If you are not sure of your topic choice, call to discuss.
- If you are not sure of the direction your paper is going, send it in week 7 for a review.
- Bottom Line – – this paper should be a research paper based on solid economic analysis expressed in the affected countryâ€™s currency or US dollars.
Research papers should address an International Trade and Finance economic topic; this is not a political science class so politics should be avoided. Your research paper should deal with economic analysis of current International Trade and Finance economic activity. Background information should be minimal; definitions are not to be included. Focus is on economics; disparity in socio-economic factors must be addressed as an economic variable expressed in dollars or the affected counties’ currency, not discussed as a historical, political, or social problem.
Example 1: Developed nations view child labor or sweatshops as producing goods and services very cheaply at the expense of exploited laborers. These practices may be permitted or condoned by a government. Lower wages affect international competition since a company operating factories in these countries may experience higher profits. (Price *Quantity = Revenue; and, Revenue â€“ costs (labor being a cost) = Profit). Address the economic factors, not the social implications.
Example #2: North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA): Do not write about political process/discontent implementing this agreement. Do not write about projections, possible labor market shifts, etc. Address unemployment in the US directly attributed to companies moving to Mexico, lost taxes, and current economic impact to US and other countries because of NAFTA.
Finally, your paper must provide economic analysis of your research topic (research paperâ€™s title) expressed in dollars or the affected counties’ currency. If you wish to write about the shift of automobile manufacturing to right-to-work states and then tell me about unionization problems, your grade will be minimal since you did not address the economic impact of the location changes.
If you are not sure of your topic choice, call to discuss. If you are not sure of the direction your paper is going, send it in week 7 for a review. Bottom Line – – this paper should be a research paper based on solid economic analysis expressed in dollars or the affected counties’ currency.