With the advent of community policing, certain concerns have been expressed as to potential ethical dilemmas that community-oriented police officers may experience as a result of their having greater discretion and more public interaction than other officers within the department.
- Revise your Week 4 Key Assignment draft based on the instructor’s and peers’ feedback.
- Once you have finished revising, respond to the following in 3 additional pages, and include your responses in your final Key Assignment Draft:
- Describe some of the unique ethical problems that community police officers can pose.
- Discuss how a change in police management styles can influence the policeâ€“community relationship.
- What types of roles do contemporary police officers find themselves in given the shift toward community policing?
- What services can be offered to citizens that will help improve crime prevention in a community? Explain.
- What best practices can you foresee as being used to implement these additional community services? Explain.
- Select 1 service, such as community watch, and explain how you would be able to improve it to prevent crime within a community.
- Be specific in your recommendation, and support your arguments with academic and scholarly resources.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.