This week you will examine how to be a patient advocate for all individuals, particularly those who are from a different culture than your own.
- First, consider an ethical dilemma that you have encountered in your own nursing practiceâ€”choose one that was caused by a misunderstanding between people from different cultures. Describe that situation clearly.
- How did each group or individual perceive the dilemma? (Present both sides, objectively.)
- Identify the conflicting values and belief systems held by each group.
- What data was missingâ€”what information did the health care providers not have about the patientâ€™s culture?
- Next, define culturally congruent care.
Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)
4 peer review no more the 5
Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care, Joyceen S. Boyle & Margaret M. Andrews. (2015), 7th edition
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMedor CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
Unless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 6th edition formatting, citations and references. Click hereto download the Microsoft Word APA 6th edition template. Make sure you cross-reference the APA 6th edition book as well before submitting the assignment.
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages.
Introduction and conclusion include