1)Chapter 1 provided a high-level overview of the need for a national framework for protecting critical infrastructure. For some additional reading, take a look at the latest Presidential Order that relates to strengthening cybersecurity that relates to critical infrastructure:
After reading chapter 1 and looking at the link above, you’re ready to participate in the first discussion.
Letâ€™s look at a real-world scenario and how the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) plays into it. In the scenario, the United States will be hit by a large-scale, coordinated cyber attack organized by China. These attacks debilitate the functioning of government agencies, parts of the critical infrastructure, and commercial ventures. The IT infrastructure of several agencies are paralyzed, the electric grid in most of the country is shut down, telephone traffic is seriously limited and satellite communications are down (limiting the Department of Defenseâ€™s [DODâ€™s] ability to communicate with commands overseas). International commerce and financial institutions are also severely hit. Please explain how DHS should handle this situation.
You must do the following:
1) Create a new thread. As indicated above, please explain how DHS should handle the situation described in the preceding paragraph.
- Read the mini case, Delivering Business Value with IT at Hefty Hardware (pp. 76-79).Submit a Word document with the following:
- Complies with the APA and writing standards for this course
- Has a SafeAssign score of less than 25%. You may submit your assignment multiple times to check the SafeAssign score. Only the final submission will be graded. Final submissions with a SafeAssign score over 25% will not be graded.
- Has three scholarly sources, not including our textbook.
- Answer question one and two on page 79. Your answer to question one should be about a page long. Your answer to question two should be about two pages long.